The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is seeking an Associate Vice Chancellor and Director of Equity and Diversity who will report to the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement.
In this role they will help create and maintain an atmosphere within the university community that seeks and supports diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life, provide university wide leadership and counsel to the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement on issues of diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action, including campus climate; recruitment, retention, and development of staff; and achievement or opportunities concerning goals and policy compliance relative to staff and student profiles and develop and manage annual budgets for the office and direct and manage the Office of Equity and Diversity, including supervision of seven exempt administrative employees and one non-exempt employee.
Review of applications will begin on May 18, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Read the full announcement, qualifications, and application instructions.
Colorado College is searching for an Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Staff and Administrative Operations.
Colorado College, located in Colorado Springs at the foot of Pikes Peak, is ranked among the top 25 National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. The College’s signature academic program, the “Block Plan,” is an intensive academic schedule that allows students to immerse themselves in a single subject for three and a half weeks, rather than balancing several courses over a semester, and provides unique opportunities for exciting programmatic innovations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration/Treasurer, the Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Staff and Administrative Operations will be expected to:
- provide thoughtful leadership and guidance to imbed the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) for administrative operations and staff;
- assess policies and practices, including business and procurement, with a DEI lens that supports commitment to equity and diversity goals, diversity strategy for suppliers and vendors, and tracking accountabilities, metrics, and accomplishments;
- collaborate as a member of a three-person leadership DEI team (along with senior associate deans in student life and academics) to lead the design, delivery, implementation, and analysis initiatives that will keep antiracism and DEI efforts a priority at the college;
- possess a master’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of five years of demonstrable experience leading DEI initiatives and programming designed to build cultural competence on issues of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual identity, and religion.
A detailed description of the position is available here.
The Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) in Maryland is seeking a Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer.
Reporting to the President, the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer will:
- lead the development and implementation of proactive anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in alignment with the college’s strategic plan to create and nurture a college climate that is welcoming, inclusive, respectful, and free from discrimination, intolerance, and harassment;
- lead measurable improvements in the educational and anti-racist organizational climate and the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce and student body;
- form and cultivate strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations outside the college to help further its strategic agenda for anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion;
Review of applications will begin on May 7, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
Full announcement, qualifications, and application instructions.
California State University-Dominguez Hills (CSUDH), a Hispanic and Minority-Serving Institution, seeks a transformative leader to serve as their inaugural Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer.
Centrally located in the South Bay and the heart of Los Angeles, CSUDH is a diverse, welcoming community of learners and educators collaborating to change lives and communities for the better. Established in 1960, CSUDH is one of the 23 campuses that comprise the California State University system. Additional information about CSUDH can be found at www.csudh.edu.
CSUDH seeks a transformative leader to join with the president and cabinet in helping the institution realize the full measure of its promise and possibility in the realm of an authentically diverse and inclusive campus. Under the administrative direction of President Thomas A. Parham, the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) will provide intellectual and pragmatic leadership for the CSUDH campus.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of successful and progressive experience in a leadership and supervisory role directly related to diversity, inclusion, and equity. A doctorate or equivalent terminal degree and experience in a collective bargaining environment are preferred.
A comprehensive leadership profile is available at www.wittkieffer.com. For full consideration, applicant materials should be received by April 26, 2021.
Viterbo University, in La Crosse, Wisconsin, is seeking its next Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and Institutional Equity. The next VP will set the strategic direction for human resources and institutional equity at Viterbo and will develop, implement, and maintain equitable and inclusive personnel policies and practices that are compliant with federal/state laws and University guidelines and support the university priorities.
The Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and Institutional Equity will also provide management for the Human Resources and Payroll Department and serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator. For additional information about this opportunity, please review the position profile at www.academicsearch.org. This position closes May 5. Additional opportunities exist under the “Open Searches” tab.