The Tri-State Consortium of Opportunity Programs in Higher Education (NJ/NY/PA) 15th Biennial Conference will be held in Long Island, New York from April 13 – 17, 2019.
For information regarding some of our past conferences, please visit our conference archives.
The following details will be available soon:
- Call for Papers/Presentations
- Call for Volunteers
- Conference Registration
- Hotel Reservations
Here is a printable Save the Date 2019 (PDF) flyer you can print and share
The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation’s leading urban public university. The Office of Special Programs is responsible for the stewardship of key CUNY-wide programs that increase, encourage and support the inclusion and educational success of underrepresented groups in higher education.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the University Dean of Special Programs is responsible for the administrative oversight of the:
- Percy Ellis Sutton Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge (SEEK), and College Discovery (CD);
- Youth Matter, CUNY’s Foster Youth College Success Initiative;
- Single Stop College Initiative ;
- CUNY Black Male Initiative (BMI);
- CUNY TRiO Programs:
- Talent Search and Upward Bound Programs;
- Veteran Upward Bound;
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement; and
- Student Support Services.
The candidate demonstrates significant familiarity and accomplishment with strategic planning, including plan implementation and evaluation of programs that effectively promote student retention and success.
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience.
The successful candidate must possess knowledge, experience and skills in:
- Ten (10) years of progressive management and supervisory experience in a large, diverse, college/university environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience are desirable.
- Methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, and data analysis.
- Expertise with assessment tools and techniques, survey research methods, statistical and database management software packages; and the dynamics of strategic planning and accreditation is required.
- Proven understanding of innovative techniques of data management and analysis across a complex organization and success bringing innovative pilot projects to scale are crucial.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills and the ability to work with complex computer information systems are essential.
- Fiscal management and staff training and development.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development.
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and résumé online via CUNY’s web-based job system addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
Apply for this position (and read more details). A review of resumes will begin on July 16, 2018.
Gov. Cuomo on Thursday issued a directive to the state and city university systems that they continue to use race as a factor in their admission policies in order to better ensure diversity.
Read the full story at The New York Daily News.
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University is hosting a diversity event for students interested in a health career on Wednesday, June 20, from 5-7 pm at 401 South Broadway, Camden, NJ 08103.
The discussion, lead by Consuelo Cagande, MD, DFAPA, DFAACAP & Christopher Milburn, MD, will focus on Substance Abuse and Mental Health. Additionally, there will be health professional schools onsite to discuss their programs for graduate health programs. Confirmed so far: Drexel, Temple Medical School and USciences.
Refreshments will be served.
Registration is online.
ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) is a statewide technology initiative funded by New York State. There are currently three positions for ATTAIN available, please visit the Research Foundation Central Office Job Openings website to read more.